Legume and Arrow Contract Order
IRAC Method Assessment of Case Study
Statement of Facts
Issue (Question at Hand)
Rule (Statement of the Law)
Case Name: This is a case between K.K. Legume Inc. which is a sweater manufacturer and Arrow LLC signs a contract with them stating that Arrow will buy a certain amount of brand Arctic Ice which are 100% wool for a one year agreement of $12.00 per unit (Path Finder Advisors, n.d.).
Statement of Facts: However legal action has been determined in the case of contract because two different yet unexpected issues took place that neither company anticipated. The first problem that has been defined is that there is a sheep shortage for making the sweaters which is obvious because there are less and less sheep to shear for the increase in the demand for wool which has affected the suppliers that K.K. Legume Inc. buys their sheared wool from in bulk. The demand was such a drastic increase in price that the increase was raised by 1,000%. Next, there was an unexpected cold front that came in which the demand ended in a 500% enhancement in Arrow’s wool sweater orders they placed with Legume compared to any other order average in history. Therefore, Legume requests for Arrow to augment the per unit purchase price to $36.00, however, Arrow rejects the high price per unit to be altered within the contract, and will not pay that amount per unit. Then Legume administration decides to put a hold on the next delivery of sweaters declaring, if Arrow does not do as the contract says and follow through with buying the sweaters that need to be delivered and paid for, then it could lead to Legume becoming bankrupt if they made anymore orders that were not bought at that price from Arrow. Furthermore the two businesses have a very close and long lasting relationship in business, yet Legume claim that since the two companies have a lengthy position in doing business together, that Arrow should feel compelled to do carry out their end of the bargain they had worked out by paying the increased prices regardless of the relationship and their commitment to purchase sweaters to supply their consumers. These unexpected issues have arose and the disagreements between the long time associates are having to be worked out by their attorneys (Path Finder Advisors, n.d.).
3. Issue or (Question at Hand): Even though Legume and Arrow have worked out a one year agreement for Arrow to pay $12.00 per Arctic Ice 100% wool sweater, but there has been a problem that has risen. Since the two unexpected dilemmas causing the price of wool to increase where Legume has to charge three times as much at $36.00 for each sweater Arrow feels they should not have to pay for the increase because they agreed to pay $12.00 a unit for one year, yet Legume feels that their commitment and long time trading history should reflect on Arrow and they should feel compelled to pay it because it is the ethical thing to do in this situation according to Legume. Arrow disagrees, and they feel they should not have to pay it, and they will not pay it regardless of the price increase because that is not what the agreement was made upon, and the two administrations are unable to work their problems out without contacting legal advice. Should Arrow be made to pay the increased price and still commit to buy from Legume for one year? Or should Legume reconsider this situation and understand that the contract was made out for one price and for one year, even though they look to blame Arrow if they do not stick to the contract or they will go bankrupt? Who is in the right here by law (Path Finder Advisors, n.d.).
4. Rule (Statement of the Law): There are laws that apply to business deals and contracts because there are specific duties that both parties need to accomplish by their companies when they start a pact, and when this is not rewarded the regulations of a company and the government calls this a law as a “Breach of Contract.” Depending on the particulars of a contract, a violation can transpire when a party, such as Arrow in this alleged suite has stopped working to complete the deal in harmony with the conditions of the conformity and does not aspire to carry out the contract at all like Arrow considers at this time because they think it is unjust and not right in their position. The law requires for the contract to be classified as either as a matter of material (which in this case it is because of the manufacturing of the sweaters) or immaterial for the rationale of concluding what is the right officially authorized explanation or “remedy” for the violation (FindLaw, 2011).
5. Application: This is the analytical aspect that the courts must determine since they will review this IRAC so they have ample information and other types of law decisions to resolve the issue at hand here and state which company they favor and will require what stipulations will happen once they know the facts. As the analyst preparing this IRAC, the facts are that there was a contract made with the two companies, K.K. Legume and Arrow LLC. On September 1, 2010 when both committees representing each company were present. The contract stated that Arrow does agree to buy the 100% wool Arctic Ice sweaters for a term of contract lasting from June 1, 2010 to June 1, 2011 to pay for each sweater which has a per unit price of $12.00. Furthermore, the contract also reads, and both parties have signed in the agreement that this is the only rate that Arrow will charged unless the price of the wool increases due to supply and demand. If the prospect came to the increase that exceeded more than 500% that Arrow should not feel required to pay for the Arctic Ice Sweater and a new contract would be considered and changed if the price continued to rise or stay the same as above that limit of the 500%. When it got closer to looking at importing in Arrow’s fall and winter wardrobe the accounting department seen that it was going to be at least a 500% increase in each sweater unit, and they notified superiors when they contacted Legume and refused to pay and breach their contract on September 18, 2010 (Path Finder Advisors, n.d.).
6. Conclusion (Final Conclusion): As part of the panel that determines for the courts on whether the company K.K. Legume demand Arrow L.L.C. To pay for the 500%+ increase in the cost of sweaters, we conclude that this rate of $36.00 per sweater unit is above the contract limit and exceeds the increase amount agreed upon in the agreement among the two companies. Furthermore, we feel that K.K. Legume should destroy all contracts with Arrow L.L.C. regarding any wool material and reassess the situation and meet back with Arrow within the next 60 days to determine what types of trades/bargains/sells they can make in order to reestablish a business association for a profit that both of them can work out. If K.K. Legume is having that much of a difficult time with the possibility of going bankrupt we suggest administration reevaluate their current products with other consumers and buyers. At this time the contract is to be destroyed.
FindLaw. (2011). Breach of contract and lawsuits. Retrieved from http://smallbusiness.findlaw.com/business-forms-contracts/business-forms-contracts-overview/business-forms-contracts-overview-breaching.html
Path Finder Advisors. (n.d.). How to brief a case brief format irac method. Retrieved from http://pathfinderadvisors.org/classwork/Briefing%20Cases/HOW%20TO%20BRIEF%20CASE.pdf
Get Professional Assignment Help Cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Why Choose Our Academic Writing Service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!