Managers functional role in the organization
The company to be studied is Kaiser Permanente of the Mid-Atlantic States: it is a commercial and Medicare plan based on proper analysis of data in order to come up with the best prevention and treatment plans for their clients.
It was ranked as one of the top 25 best Medicare plans by the NCQA rankings: the ranks are best of client satisfaction and achievement of the initially set goals of the company (News Reporter, 2013). The company is based on a matrix structure of management where is a clearly defined path and chain of command. The resources are centered on the functional managers who have the mandate to ensure that there is a smooth running of the company.
Describe the manager’s functional role in the organization. Explain the expectations of the role.
The roles of the managers in the company include the following:
- To ensure that all activities undertaken are aimed at achieving the company’s set goals and objectives. In this case proper analysis of clients based on the information they offer and their financial status.
- Implementing of planned activities to the letter by proper explanation and follow up of the subordinates (Griffin, 2006). This is because the company deals with sensitive matters and there is a need to ensure that the decisions made by the governing board are properly implemented.
- Planning- this includes the general activities and the day to day activities of the employees. The personnel should be equal to the roles available to avoid overworking and underutilization.
- Leadership, especially by example, is one of the main functions. This is because a leader will determine the character of his team. Diligence and discipline should flow from the top of the hierarchy pyramid all the way down.
- Control – this is in terms of the workload and conflicts of interest by the stakeholders of the company. A neutral ground should be established where equality and rules are established, this should be facilitated by the managers of the company.
Evaluate how the manager fulfills the expectations of the role.
Different managers use different approaches to fulfill their expectations: some go strictly by the book while others use a spontaneous law. The management of Kaiser Permanente uses a method tailored to the structure, culture, and composition of the company at the said time. The following are some of the ways in which they are able to easily fulfill their role as managers.
- Employee evaluation- in order to increase output per employee, there is a need to evaluate them and determine their strengths and weaknesses so as to properly assign them their duties. They can only be able to perform best where their strengths override their weaknesses.
- Proper communication skills- it is important not to just expect the employees to meet expectations but to explain to them the reason as to why they are doing something. This makes them to be more determined and to always ask when they are not sure of the next step (Griffin, 2006).
- Positive reinforcement- it acts as an incentive to subordinates. It keeps them motivated and happy while at work.
- Research- new technologies are only adopted if they have been fully researched and proven to work and lead to the best results.
- Discipline, tenacity, and persistence are always good characters of the managers. They ensure that the decisions are implemented regardless of the challenges that are met along the way.
Explore the different types of planning in your assigned reading.
In the company, the following types of planning are embraced:
- Financial planning- it sets the amount of money to be used for the required resources and inputs. In other words, it is the budget for the company (Karger, 1991).
- Physical planning- it states which resources will be used by which department and the expected output. It refers to the staffing of employees, allocation of equipment and materials and also includes the elimination of inefficiencies.
- Perspective planning- it is a long term plan, for instance, the company hopes to increase in capacity and influence in the market by 23% in the next 8 years (News Reporter, 2013).
- Annual planning – this is done yearly to determine the changes that are necessary to promote the influence of the company and the satisfaction of the clients (Karger, 1991).
- Planning for inducement- it involves the plan on how to manipulate the factors of production and the market for better plow back to the firm.
Explain what specific planning challenges you think this manager might face on a day-to-day basis. Provide examples.
- Ambiguous contingency – this is when unexpected issues arise in a well planned out activity or project. It requires a flexible and fast manager who will easily be able to deal with it without messing the entire project.
- Lack of accountability- at times employees especially in a team may make a mistake and no one takes responsibility. Finger pointing in a working environment kills team spirit and wastes time and resources making projects to stall (Karger, 1991).
- Indefinite goals- at times employees may feel they are doing the same thing every day and there is no time limit to the activities. Monotony kills motivation and leads to poor performance (Karger, 1991).
- Employee conflicts- workmates will always compete against each other and conflict arises, this is the role of the manager to solve it as amicably as possible and ensure work continues well.
- Cost-effectiveness- all the decisions made have to be cost effective at all times. The manager should not cause the company losses.
Compare these planning challenges to a manager in a similar position of 25 years ago.
Contemporary society has come with improved technology and automation of department making work easier, but this also comes with its own challenges. For instance:
- Changes in the labor laws that were not there 25 years ago. For instance currently, the new health policies that require all employers to ensure their full-time employee. An employee who works more than 40 hours in a week is termed as full time. This means the company should ensure that at least 75% of its labor force works less than 40 hours a week in order to be cost-effective (Green, 2013). This is a challenge that was not there several years ago.
- Ambiguous contingency was not such a big issue 25 years ago. The economy was more stable and the fluctuations were predetermined and known. Currently, the country is experiencing a recession and there are limited funds from the government. The economy is unpredictable and it could mean controlling the overhead expenses is not a matter of management skills; it is a matter of economic pressures and forces.
Green, A. (2013). Introduction to Health Planning for Developing Health System 2nd Edition, Random House Print
Griffin, W. R. (2006). Principles of Management, Orthodox Print Press, New York
Karger, W. D. (1991). Strategic Planning and Management: The Key to Corporate Success, Oxford University Press, New York
News Reporter, (2013 OCT 10 ). Staff News Editor at Hospital Law Weekly — -Kaiser Permanente of the Mid-Atlantic States has been named the highest-ranked Commercial and Medicare health plan in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.
Get Professional Assignment Help Cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Why Choose Our Academic Writing Service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!