The university housing office does not have a database. At times it takes much longer for the office to retrieve data from a set of files piling up in the universality archives room. The university has a storeroom where files are stored, some files are torn while so are just misplaced due to lack of interest in the archives management. This manual approach to data management makes sorting of housing-related issues in real time difficult. The department is experiencing data proliferation based on the number of students and the required information.
Purpose and intent of the project
This project seeks to:
- Determine the data storage requirement of the university dorm department.
- Analyze the most optimal set of a database that can suits the university dorm
- Design a schematic of the database
- Design the actual database
- Possible users and administrators
The database will be used by the university students to apply for housing, book rooms, make their payment in the billing system integrated in the database, or cancel their bookings. The accommodation personnel will also use the database to manage the records, sort, retrieve, merge and edit the accommodation data (Raghu, & Gehrke, 2000).
- How data storage is done at the university dorm and how the database will improve the process
While the university dorm is 5relatively calm about the problems they undergo trying to retrieve, sort or store data. The manual system is not efficient in this age of information technology. The accommodation records are stored in paper file then stacked up in a room; some are stored in cabinets market with marker pens to aid in allocating the accommodation hall, the room number, the occupants, their phone number, their academic advisors, course number, parents or guardians etc.
The paper work is time consuming considering the number of students residing in the school premises per semester. However, if the school had a database, it would realize a number of benefits, key amongst the benefits includes:
1) Efficiency: Teorey, Lighstone, & Nadeau, (2006), states that the manual data storage system involving paper work is time consuming; a database is easy to use while retrieving data as it uses a single query. This can be done through the use of a few keywords.
2) Increased communication: implementation of database in the university dorm will increase the level of communication as the data can be accessed from various points without having to be physically present in the university. This can be achieved through a distributed database system.
3) security- data stored in the database are much more secure than files in a steel cabinet. The data are password protected from unauthorized access. The university can store extremely sensitive information in encrypted format to increase the level of security of the data or use layer authorization mode (Korth, &, Silberschatz, 1998).
4) Cost effective- databases are easy to manage and are relatively less costly as compared to paper work. The university would not have to employ someone to keep the files, or contract an archive management company to bind the files for them. Databases is also more scalable as there is no need to acquire extra storage space. Some data can be stored virtually, as opposed to cabinet, which might require the purchasing a new cabinet. This cuts the cost of data storage.
- Data elements
This project will involve a number of data elements. The data elements, which will be used in the project include entities and relationships represented by boxes and arrows. Field names, data types either characters as to the phone number or numerics. The description of the data elements, validation rules and the database table is also part of the elements. Others include; the schemas of the data base, the data types made up of Alphanumeric, Numeric, and Date and time. The database will also have rows and columns (Elmasri, & Navathe, 2004).
The system will use the MS SQL, because of the relatively robust amount of data expected to be stored. Another consideration is the number of people who will access the sites. A small platform is liable to hand continuously and causes systems downs.
Elmasri, R. Navathe, S. (2004). Fundamentals of Database Systems. 4th ed., Pearson Addison Wesley,
Korth, H.; Silberschatz. (1998). Database Systems. Third Edition. Makron Books.
Raghu R., & J. Gehrke., (2000). Database Management Systems, Second Edition, McGraw-Hill,
Teorey, T.J., Lighstone S., Nadeau, (2006). Database Modeling and Design, 4th. ed., Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Inc, San Francisco
Get Professional Assignment Help Cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Why Choose Our Academic Writing Service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!