Spankings. According to the American Psychological Association, “there is general consensus that corporal punishment is effective.” Spanking and other gentle but firm types of physical reprimand can have a noticeable effect on human behavior. That effect is usually immediate, which would allow the manager or supervisor to elicit a strong response from employees who are exhibiting behavioral issues such as talking back (American Psychological Association). General ineffectiveness, sluggishness, and other behavioral problems can be easily corrected with a whack of a stick or a slap on the bottom. Corporal punishment “remains a widely used discipline technique in most American families,” and families remain one of the most common organizations in the United States (American Psychological Association).
The use of spanking is generally discouraged in the childhood education sector. However, corporal punishment may have a distinct and measurable effect in the workplace. There are some drawbacks with the recommendation of corporal punishment in the workplace. For one, there have been few empirical studies designed to measure the effect of corporal punishment; future research is necessary before human resources managers and other supervisors want to take the initiative and spank their employees. There may also be legal issues that arise; organizations should check their codes of ethics and state laws and possible receive legal consultation before embarking on a corporal punishment employee discipline strategy.
2. The Undesirable Transfer. Behavioral issues can sometimes not be solved using traditional means, especially when an organizational climate of fear, paranoia, and demoralization prevent successful conflict resolution. When a problematic employee threatens the social order in the company, a transfer may be warranted. If a manager wishes to reward good behavior rather than punish poor behavior, the employee who exhibits the strongest record of social harmony could be sent to the most desirable office, such as the one in Barcelona. If would be inappropriate to send a valuable employee to an undesirable location. Managers working within a more punitive disciplinary framework could send the problematic employee to the office in Saudi Arabia or Perry, Florida. A transfer accomplishes several core organizational behavior objectives, such as creating and maintaining an environment of mutual support, respect and cooperation that does not include annoying or misbehaving personnel. Alternatively, employees that work hard deserve to be rewarded with the transfer to a more pleasant position in Barcelona or Fiji. Good behavior must be rewarded as robustly and consistently as bad.
3. Writing organizational rules over and over again on the dry-erase board, or picketing with appropriate organizational rules in public. When employees fail to obey company rules, they may not have properly internalized the regulations and overall values of the organization. It may be necessary to review policies and codes of behavior. A review session is unlikely to yield any quantifiable results, though. Employees attending a meeting during which managers expound upon the importance of wearing bras or shoes might take naps during the session, or post pictures of their bare feet on Pintarest. Instead of ineffective disciplinary strategies, managers might want to use a more effective technique such as making employees write the rules on the company dry-erase board in front of the entire boardroom. After twenty minutes of writing, “I will wear a bra to work,” the employee will be more likely to shop at Victoria’s Secret after work. If all else fails, managers might consider using novel techniques like making employees wear fake pickle suits while carrying picket signs that read, “Acme Building Supplies Likes Boobs to Stay Firmly in Place!” The picket signs would be an excellent adjunct to the organization’s marketing mix.
4. Intrinsic Motivation. Employees sometimes perform better when they are intrinsically motivated, rather than being motivated by external rewards like carrots. One of the ways to promote intrinsic motivation would be to create an atmosphere in which each employee feels valid and valuable. A sense of personal validation cannot just come from within; coworkers and supervisors need to provide their continual support by liking each other’s Facebook posts. Even stupid employees deserve to be listened to during company meetings, or else they might develop low self-esteem and cease performing well at work. Intrinsic motivation prevents turnovers, and retains some of the most valuable personnel. Managers can foster a sense of teamwork and camaraderie to encourage employees to care about their job. Some extrinsic rewards can be incorporated into a strategic incentive plan. For example, free pizza and beer will get employees to come to a company picnic. If hookers, blow, and other extrinsic rewards are included, then more employees will show up to the picnic.
5. Access to the executive toilet. George Costanza, the character on the television series Seinfeld, understood the value of access to the executive toilet. Executive toilets are large, clean, and private. Some of them include fancy Korean or Japanese toilets that have warm water sprays and other fun tools that make passing the time much more comfortable. Executive also smell nice, and are healthy spaces in which to perform necessary biological activities, daily ablutions, and impromptu Tweets. The access to the executive toilet is a blatant form of extrinsic motivation. This technique should not be used too liberally, because it is more important to engender intrinsic motivation among company workers.
American Psychological Association. “Is Corporal Punishment an Effective Means of Discipline?” APA. Retrieved online: http://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2002/06/spanking.aspx
Get Professional Assignment Help Cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Why Choose Our Academic Writing Service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!